Anupama joined the Dyslexia Association of Singapore (DAS) in November 2019 and has been supporting learners in the areas of literacy and mathematics. Students who learn ‘differently’ inspired Anupama to move away from mainstream teaching to work with children with special needs. She brings with her a wealth of experience as an International school teacher with over 15 years of experience in the education space. Anupama facilitates learning with a holistic approach and firmly believes in the overall development of the child and helps them with their academic needs in a hands-on approach- helping them learn – ‘How to learn’. She uses methods by which they learn best and adapts the learning tasks to the child’s ability and strengths.
As an Educational Therapist and Specialist teacher, she can effectively engage children in learning in a way that is interesting and motivating for them and helps them develop social skills by teaching children essential life skills and helping them grow in their self-esteem and confidence. Over the past 8 years, Anupama has worked with children with literacy, cognitive difficulties, learning behaviour & challenges. Anupama provides
individual academic support, creating lessons that target a variety of skills for children with special needs. She brings mindfulness practices into her lessons to help the learners cope with stress and anxiety.
Anupama firmly believes that one must be a lifelong learner and has attended several certifications and workshops such as:
- Mentoring Strategies for Youth NLP
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Strategies for the Development of Hand Function, Pre-writing and Handwriting Skills for Children
- Holistic Approach to Early Intervention or Children with Special Needs.
- Autism Training for Preschool Educators
- Guidance and Counselling Orientation
- Certificate in Supporting SpLD Learners in Executive Function Skills – DAS Academy 2022
- Certificate in Supporting SpLD Learners in Higher-Order Mathematical Skills – DAS Academy 2021
- Specialist Diploma in Learning Support for Specific Learning Differences – DAS Academy 2020
- Bachelor of Education Mumbai University 2007
- Bachelor of Commerce Mumbai University 1989
SPOTLIGHT ON SPECIALIST TEACHING
- Webinar 5: How Curriculum-Based Remediation Supports Your Child
- Webinar 6: How Curriculum-Based Remediation Supports Your Child Part 2
Never stop learning – Be a lifelong learner!