We are pleased to inform and update you on the enhancements made to our Reading Comprehension Curriculum for the MLP programme.
Reading Comprehension Curriculum
- Includes essential reading comprehension skills that are closely aligned with the mainstream curriculum
- Consists of skills that are taught and delivered according to the PPP (Presentation, Practice, Production) stages to:
- facilitate the pre-activity discussions through modelling
- scaffold and guide students in a structured, cumulative and sequential manner to enhance learning
- provide opportunities for students to be independent in applying the concepts/ skills learnt
With the enhancements made to the Reading Comprehension Curriculum, the use of educational technology coupled with a robust integrated curriculum that covers key tenets of an effective literacy instruction (Language and Vocabulary, Phonics and Phonemic Awareness, Reading Fluency, Reading Comprehension and Writing), we hope to empower students to be confident and competent individuals.
About the Author:
Assistant Director, MLP Curriculum
Rex House Learning Centre
Learn more about Serena