DAS ADVISORY 8 – 18 APRIL 2020
Dear DAS Parents,
Like other online meeting tools, Google Hangouts Meet adopted several security infrastructures to ensure the tool is Secure, Compliant, and Reliable.
- Google Meeting ID is a random code of 10 characters long making it exceedingly difficult for malicious individual attempts to guess the Meeting ID.
- Participants are only allowed to join a meeting not more than 15 minutes in advance, therefore, reducing the window for brute force attack.
At DAS, we are adopting additional security features to prevent unauthorised access:
- A student can only join a meeting if he/she is invited by a Teacher.
- The Teacher can admit a participant who requests to join the meeting.
This means that:
- External participants cannot gatecrash the session.
- Students are not able to invite external participants to the session.
These security features are to ensure online lessons are free from ‘zoom-bombing’ trolls.
If you have any concerns or would like to understand this better, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Geetha Shantha Ram
Director, SpLD Assessment Services, English Language and Literacy Division &
Staff Professional Development
Dyslexia Association of Singapore