Yun Mei joined the Dyslexia Association in June 2019. She is a Senior Educational Therapist at the Bishan Learning Centre. She provides intervention for learners with dyslexia and other specific learning differences in the Chinese programme at both the primary and secondary school levels. She is also a core team member of the Chinese programme, where she oversees the training and Quality Assurance Audit of Chinese Educational Therapists. She also mentors and conducts training for junior Educational Therapists. Yun Mei has a keen interest in developing a curriculum that addresses the needs of different learners. She has previously supported the development of the new Secondary 3 Trial Programme and is currently leading the curriculum development and enhancement of the Secondary Chinese Programme. She has also been involved in the research team where she tracks the student’s performance and evaluates the programmes’ effectiveness. She has presented at an international conference (Association of Reading and Writing Asia) in 2022.
- Bachelor of Arts (Chinese), Minor in Translation, Nanyang Technological University
- Certificate in Dyslexia and Chinese Language Support
- DAS Academy Specialist Diploma in Chinese Language Therapy
- DAS Academy Post-Graduate Certificate in Special Educational Needs, University of South Wales, UK
- Chinese Proficiency Test – HSK Level 6, HSK Centre (Crestar)
- Gillingham Approach for Chinese Secondary 3 Programme – The 6th Annual Conference for the Association for Reading and Writing in Asia (ARWA) 2022