Melody joined the Dyslexia Association of Singapore (DAS) as an Educational Therapist in 2020 and has been teaching students with dyslexia and other co-morbidities such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Prior to working in DAS, Melody has been teaching at various institutions from mainstream schools, and international schools to tuition centres. Melody holds a Master of Education in Curriculum & Teaching and a Specialist Diploma in Teaching & Learning, both from Nanyang Technology University (National Institute of Education).
Melody believes in understanding her students and always looks forward to listening to her students sharing about their day and this motivates her to do her best in educating them and bringing joy during lessons.
- Specialist Diploma in Educational Therapy – DAS Academy
- Masters of Education in Curriculum and Teaching – NTU/NIE
- Specialist Diploma in Teaching and Learning – NTU/NIE
- Bachelor’s Degree of Commerce in Marketing – Murdoch University
- Diploma in Chemical Process Technology (Food Technology) – Singapore Polytechnic
The secret in education lies in respecting the students – Ralph Waldo Emerson