Chien Ling joined the Dyslexia Association of Singapore in 2017. She is a Lead Educational Therapist, providing intervention for students with dyslexia and other specific learning differences in the Chinese programme for primary and secondary students. She oversees the Chinese team as a Programme Manager, where she led the development of the team by mentoring and conducting training for junior Educational therapists. She has obtained Specialist Diploma in Chinese Language Therapy and embarked on lecturing at DAS Academy with three topics under the Diploma. She is also a Member Associate Plus in the Register of Educational therapists (Asia) (RETA).
Chien Ling is passionate about developing a curriculum to cater to students with different abilities, where she led the curriculum for the Two Hour Primary 6 Programme and curriculum enhancement for the Secondary School Bridging Programme for Secondary 1 and 2 students. Currently, she is in charge of the new Secondary 3 Trial Programme, where she oversees curriculum development and training for Educational Therapists teaching Secondary 3 students. She is currently pursuing her Master in Education (Chinese Language) at the National Institute of Education (NIE) to deepen and widen her knowledge in the areas of Chinese Language and Education.
With an interest in research work to enhance quality service for dyslexics, Chien Ling is also actively involved in the research team where she tracked students’ performance and evaluated the effectiveness of the programme. She presented at the local “The 6th International Conference on Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Second Language” organised by the Singapore Centre for the Chinese Language and an international conference (Association of Reading and Writing Asia) in 2020.
- Bachelor of Arts (Chinese), Nanyang Technological University
- Minor in Translation, Nanyang Technological University
- Certificate in Dyslexia and Chinese Language Support, DAS Academy
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Special Educational Needs, University of South Wales, UK
- Specialist Diploma in Chinese Language Therapy, DAS Academy
- Chinese Proficiency Test – HSK level 6, HSK Centre (Crestar)
- The Impact of a Structured Chinese Literacy Programme for Dyslexics 一套结构化的中文读写课程对读写困难难学生汉字认读和书写的影响 – UNITE SpLD 2020
- A Curriculum-Based Approach: Secondary School Bridging Programme 课程为本: 中学衔接课程 – “The 6th International Conference on Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Second Language” organised by Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL) ; Association of Reading and Writing Asia (ARWA)
A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.
– Giovanni Ruffini